Saint Louis Fashion Fund, a new non-profit that includes leaders in the culture, fashion, higher education, law and business fields, the organization is continuing their mission to discover and support emerging designer talent through their second annual Emerging Designer Award.
Saint Louis Fashion Fund’s Emerging Designer Award was created in 2014 to support fashion designers throughout the United States. Each year, the winning designer receives a cash prize, one look produced by the Fund to sell in boutiques and on an e-commerce site, and mentoring by nationally recognized retail, PR/Marketing and professionals leaders – those who can help them take their careers to the next level.
The competition will give six finalists the opportunity to present their collection at Saint Louis Fashion Week and compete for the $25,000 grand prize. They will also receive editorial coverage, business mentoring from the Saint Louis Fashion Fund jury panel which includes Gary Wassner, designer Lisa Perry along with many other notables such as Fern Mallis and Stan Herman.
The winner will receive:
- $25,000 award to pursue his/her fashion design business plan
- Financial support, guidance and exposure from the St. Louis Fashion Fund to produce one look with 100% of the proceeds going to the St. Louis Fashion Fund
- A designer collaboration with an accessories brand negotiated by the Saint Louis Fashion Fund
- A pop-up shop/trunk show in a private home or retailer in Saint Louis
- A one-year long mentorship with industry professionals from the Saint Louis Fashion Fund jury panel