A great resource for fashion and creative professionals is Trendstop.com an online fashion and trend forecasting agency based in London. They have an extensive data for forecasts and trends in all areas of clothing, accessories and beauty for Mens and Womens.
Trendstop has announced New Utility as their Fashion Trend of the Year for 2016. Fusing fashion with function to create a clean, contemporary take on utility aesthetics, this inspirational trend direction will influence fashion, beauty, home and lifestyle products and campaigns throughout the 2016 year. The Trendstop team first identified the trend in early 2014.
New Utility reflects the way today’s consumer is increasingly on the look-out for practical yet well-designed products, as demonstrated with the growing popularity of modern Scandinavian-look brands like COS, Acne and Punkt, along with exclusive yet functional devices like the Apple Watch. Here, Fashion Vignette readers are presented with three key components from the New Utility trend.
WOMEN'S FASHION - ULTIMATE UNISEX APPEAL
- Utilitarian aesthetics and uniform influences represent genderless dressing. This trend is the ultimate unisex look, fusing practicality with sophisticated design.
- Defined by androgynous shapes and uniform styling.
- Key looks include clean-cut overcoats, relaxed suits and chic casualwear.
- Pared-back mono and khaki shades complement functional fabrics.
BEAUTY - WELL DEFINITED & UNDERSTATED
- New Utility beauty looks are is well-defined, with the brow or bone structure highlighted over an understated base.
- Hair is controlled or swept back, as textural elements add contrast.
- Strong groomed brows introduce masculine undertones.
- Rosy lip tints and defined lashes inject a feminine dimension.
Trendstop invites FV readers to join us for our first Trendstop Fashion Trend of 2016 New Utility online trend briefing,which will take place on January 14 2016. This 30-minute presentation is full of essential trend information about New Utility, helping you learn how to leverage New Utility to create in-demand products for 2016. Find out more here.