S/S 2017 Womenswear Print on the Catwalks
Here is a preview of their three of the most essential and inspirational print directions impacting the SS17 season, courtesy of the Trendstop catwalk team.
Art Gallery Nautical revitalizes nautical themes with a fresh modernist feel, Sketchbook Scribbles offers a contemporary take on handcrafting with freehand monochrome graphics while From The Retro Archives takes inspiration from times past with a re-imagining of retro originals.
- Intricate linear patters have a clean urban graphic appeal.
- Stitchwork and contrast threads introduce a handcrafted element.
- Matching patterned accessories create all-over print looks.
Nautical themes get an update with an art gallery inspired aesthetic as modernist influences reenergize maritime motifs and classic color-ways.
- Regatta stripes are reconfigured and repositioned for a fresh look.
- Bold blocking and proportional play update classic prints.
- Sportswear fabrics enhance the modernist mood.
From The Retro Archives
- Tan, brown, orange and yellow tones echo the original 1970s palette.
- Abstract geos and asymmetric paneling refresh blocking techniques.
- Bold accent stripes contrast with solid colors for a bold vintage vibe.
All images courtesy of Trendstop.