KEY WOMENSWEAR PRINT AND PATTERN TRENDS F/W 2016-17
As the fashion industry gets ready for the upcoming Fall/Winter 2016-17 womenswear runway shows, Fashion Vignette readers can discover an inspiring selection of the key print and pattern trends predicted to influence collections this season by the trend experts at Trendstop. Over the next few weeks, we will be able to see how these trends manifest on the catwalk in the fashion capitals of New York, London, Milan and Paris.
The Fall/Winter 2016-17 Women's Print Forecast, is a must-have guide to the best-selling print trends for the upcoming season to inform your new season collections. To purchase the full report, go here. You can shop for all other trend reports on our Trend stop shop here.
TACTILE SURFACES + PATTERNING
In these sneak peek trends, Trendstop reveals how a textural focus has been predicted for Fall 2016, as a new dimension is introduced to patterning with a play on material effects and tactile surfaces.
THE INTERIOR FEMME FLORAL
One of fall’s key Contemporary Prints, feminine aesthetics are created with a nod to interior design, characterized by elegant florals.
- Reminiscent of tactile upholstery or wallpapered surfaces.
- Vintage William Morris-style blooms flourish on apparel.
- Color pop motifs and mishmash patterns add newness.
Another Contemporary print, this trend direction is influenced by materials found in the heart of the city.
- Fall/Winter fashion is updated with mottled surface effects.
- Abstract patterning resembles concrete, tarmac or metal textures.
- Tactile fabrics are set off by subdued monochrome tones.
- Assorted stripe widths add interest to surfaces.
- Color mixes and layered effects create standout looks.
- Thick, cozy woolens and knits set off striped surfaces for a wintry feel.