Womenswear Key Print Trends Spring/Summer 2018
Here are Trendstop's three of the most important seasonal print directions, as featured in our SS18 Contemporary and Junior Print Forecasts. Another Tribe illustrates the evolution of ethnic prints in a more sophisticated direction, lending a graphic elegance to womenswear. Classical Nautical Expressions and Water Bleed Florals are reinvigorated through vibrant colors, playful illustrations and unexpected surface treatments that engage with a youthful consumer.
Water Bleed Florals
Floral motifs appear gently dissolved and diluted as watercolor-esque finishes lend bold blooms a delicately abstracted effect.
- Color-bleed edges and blotchy watermarks soften floral prints.
- Tropical hues pop against bright white backdrops.
- Adapts well for contemporary, youth or junior markets.
- Simplified geometric shapes come in clean two-tone color-ways.
- Black and white placement prints follow minimalist forms.
- All-over patterns create ethnic inspired optical illusions.
- Classic nautical themes are refreshed through bold graphic prints.
- Seascape themes and maritime motifs work well for the junior market.
- Tonal shades of blue reinforce the cool, escapist vibe.
You can get free access to Trendstop’s Spring Summer 2016 Complete Print Forecast, an essential report featuring the season’s essential surface patterns, inspirational print designs and downloadable imagery. To take advantage of this fantastic offer simply click here and to receive your complimentary report.