Womenswear Macro Trend Themes F/W 2017-18
Here is the latest insight into Trendstop's three key womenswear macro themes that will be informing F/W 17-18 print, material, accessory and apparel directions. The New Modernist elevates comfort dressing, introducing formality to loungewear silhouettes. Cargo Culture injects classic military looks with a youthful deconstructed chic. The gritty vibe continues in Sleek Fighter as feminine elegance is fused with a strong urban athleticism.
The New Modernist
Comfort dressing is refined for Fall. Relaxed casuals are imbued with a formal edge as flowing lines and tactile textures add softness structured shapes.
- Fall brings new sophistication to loungewear looks.
- Blocking is subdued in creamy neutral and ice pastel tones.
- Pared back daywear has a clean contemporary appeal.
Utilitarian aesthetics are reworked with a modern urban approach. Deconstructed styling lends a youthful appeal to conventional cargo looks .
- Functional fashion is given a creative youth-culture twist.
- Technical fabrications enhance performance elements.
- Military colour-ways are refreshed with bright accents.
Womenswear combines elegance with dominance as highly feminine themes are strengthened with powerful athletic and urban qualities.
- Activewear inspirations put the emphasis on high performance.
- Hardcore sports and boxing influences inform unisex silhouettes.
- Sensual fabrications and delicate nude tones retain a feminine feel.
A complimentary offer to Trendstop’s expertly curated reports with FREE ACCESS to their Fall 2017 trend presentation, featuring live content and an exclusive look at the Trendstop site here.